Alas, dear readers! I must leave you for the next fortnight or so because I
1. have 360 first year tests to mark (welcome to university lecturing in the developing world!),
2. must fill in about a gazillion job applications because postdocs don’t last forever (*sniff*),
3. need to finish revising an article before I bump into the journal’s editor at a conference,
4. have a seminar paper to write,
5. am moving. Hurrah! (BUT I HAVE SO MUCH TO PACK.)
Oh God. *weeps tears of anxiety*
But there’ll still be food links and some pseudery. And if you should pine for a spot of in-depth food contemplation, I point you in the direction of September’s Observer Food Monthly (and particularly this interview with Björk – I have a bit of thing about Björk – and Jay Rayner’s account of cooking with René Redzepi), and The Nation‘s special food edition. Frances Moore Lappé’s article on the food movement is an absolute must-read, as is this interview with Olivier de Schutter on the right to food.
Wish me luck!